Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lesson #2 Stretch and squash on heads

Drawing stretched and squashed circles first will help to understand how the head should look like. Also I catched myself on making faces while drawing. Probably, it helps me to feel the emotion better, I was trying to respond to the picture. If the dog is angry, I was making angry faces...
Another note on today's lesson: do not afraid to stretch or squash more then you want to. My mistake was that I didn't see difference on my pictures. Stretch and squash were almost the same. One of the cool design principles is to make different objects REALLY different. Smth extra small with extra big together. It brings attention and contrast.
And one more thing: I found helpful to draw the arrows to show the movement of the head. First, I was drawing construction, then arrows, after that I was checking and redrawing if needed my construction and then I draw the elements of the head.








No comments:

Post a Comment